Woodside, St Mary

Woodside, St Mary
Pum Pum Hole

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The De-Kay by Kay Ordeen

I didn’t paint my toes and I didn’t groom my hair
I had been sick and under repair
I didn’t mean for them to stare
I just wanted to remain bare
To see if he would still care

Needless to say he failed
But to his own avail;
He says he still loves me
But he left out
“only when you are pre-tty”

Now that I am healed, my emotions are cold
And they refuse to respond to his breathless hold.
He cannot understand what he has done to me
To have ignited such repeal.
Because all I’ve been is polite
For in me there is no spite
And in my body there is no fight

I was not screening him, I’m sure
But he has failed his own tests galore
Now we should go our separate ways
But instead we latch on to these our ending days

Is there hope for us I ask?
As I gently put on back my mask
I get stronger every day
And rebuild my walls from their de-kay.

No comments:

Post a Comment